In 1889 the C.R. Holeton & Son
Furniture and Undertaking was located at 16 South Main Street. In
1928 the business moved to its present location at 126 West Park
Avenue. The business was known as Holeton Funeral Home and in 1949,
Alex N. Yuhasz became a licensed funeral director and embalmer
after attending the Cleveland Academy of Mortuary Science. An
addition to the funeral home occurred in 1958 and the funeral home
provided ambulance services.
In 1969 James Alex Yuhasz became a
licensed funeral director and embalmer after graduation from
Youngstown University and the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary
Science. The name changed in 1972 to the Holeton-Yuhasz Funeral
Home. In 1974 Alex Yuhasz dies at the age of 57. Major
building renovations, addition and redecorating occurred in 1979.
Improvements continued in 1990 with a handicap accessible entrance,
sound system and redecoration. In 1991 James Alan Yuhasz
becomes a licensed funeral director and embalmer after graduation
from The Ohio State University and the Pittsburg Institute of
Mortuary Science. 1999 brought another major building
renovation, addition and redecorating. In 2006 and 2008 we
purchased additional adjacent property for parking and future
Throughout the years, we continue to
see steady or an increase to the families we serve.
We feel it is important to provide
the FINEST funeral facilities in our community.
We are the
proud recepient of the First Annual William Clayman
Community Pride Award in 2008. This prestigious award
is based on our strong business ethics, respectability,
professionalism, longevity, community involvement and
investment in the Niles area. The award is given by the Niles
Area Council of the Youngstown-Warren Regional
We truly enjoy the profession we
chose. We enjoy being self employed, working as father and son.
Being NILES' OLDEST FAMILY BUSINESS AND FUNERAL HOME allows us to
reflect on the past and adapt to and make changes due to the
challenges of today's economy and family structures. We are
dedicated to serve the families of our community during their
difficult time, now and on into the future.
(Pictured Above is the historic Holeton Carriage House
located at the rear of 126 West Park Ave,)